Fashion Week might be the most overwhelming and intimidating event for any buyer or fashion enthusiast. This is a great opportunity to learn more about what Fashion Week entails, from the trade show schedule to the must-have street style. Here are my top tips for surviving fashion week without feeling overworked!
1) Plan Ahead: Don’t let last minute decisions get in your way of enjoying Fashion Week. Read up on all of the designers you’re interested in and plan out when they are showing their collections. Purchase tickets beforehand or pick up a ticket at the door. You’ll need something to see all of the collections in a timely manner. Each show will be taking place at different times throughout the day and if you don’t have a ticket, you might miss out on designers that are showing during your lunch break.
2) Get Your Sleep: Fashion Week can be exhausting, so make sure you get your beauty sleep before the show! Getting a good night’s rest is essential for fashion week goers. Along with a good night’s rest, make sure you’re eating healthy and staying hydrated.
3) Bring Extra Cash: If you’re bringing a friend, consider bringing an extra $50 for the show or for cab fare home. The easiest way to get around NYC is using the subway and if you find yourself running late to Fashion Week, it can be tough to get from point A to point B quickly.
4) Make Sure You Dress Up: If you’re going to Fashion Week, make sure you have the right outfit. It’s important to add a bit of glam to your look so that you’ll stand out in the sea of people. Consider wearing a bright color or a bold pattern on top, along with jeans or a pencil skirt and heels. If you’re more comfortable in casual wear, try matching your accessories with your outfit. Accessories add flair to any look, even the most comfortable one!
5) Wear Your Cardigan: Fashion Week is going to be packed with people and it’s important to stay warm. You never know what the weather might be like, so it’s a good idea to bring a cardigan or jacket, along with a water bottle or hand sanitizer.